Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses machine learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets and provide the energy based upon individual demand. Apparent is reinventing energy markets.
DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING & SUPPLY CHAIN
Apparent is looking for a technically-oriented person to support its U.S.-located, third party supply chain vendors to ensure efficient end-to-end planning and turnkey execution of procurement and production. This also entails managing vendor qualification, overseeing procurement for product development as well as solar and storage installations. This challenging position reports to senior management and works with all departments. The ideal candidate demonstrates advanced knowledge of and experience with supply chain logistics and implementation and exhibits a proven track record of consistently successful leadership with continuous improvement.
The Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain position is best suited for a person who enjoys solving problems, works efficiently under pressure, and can meet company objectives within a wide degree of creativity and latitude. We are looking for an individual who prides attention to detail while maintaining the ‘big picture,’ and positive team work.
This is a full-time exempt position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- NPI and supply-chain processes
- Sourcing, including vendor qualification including evaluating components to meet specifications and engineering requirements, cultivate new sources for supplies and products
- Applies lean methods to optimize manufacturing processes for assembly and fabrication
- Research, prepare, and issue bid specifications and requests to potential vendors and suppliers and negotiate PO terms
- Coordinate shipment of goods to maintain proper inventory levels and manage interdepartmental collaboration to meet schedule, quality, cost, and inventory objectives
- Collaborates with the engineering team to identify and select supply chain sourcing opportunities for various new products in development
- Respond to requests (internal & external) and participate in meetings with business development, engineering, and finance to identify and resolve issues
- Assist with quality assurance and warranty compliance
- Some travel to locations in the U.S. may be required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5+ years in new product introduction, procurement in a manufacturing organization
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated proficiency in business administration, economics, engineering, or related field
- Preference given to individuals with advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Strong Excel skills: look up functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and information with clarity, whether transmitted verbally or in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to recognize problems, break down complex tasks into logical, measurable and actionable steps and act appropriately to closure
- Ability to multi-task, dynamically prioritize tasks, and communicate status
- Ability to participate and influence process improvements
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third-party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.