Apparent is looking for an innovator to oversee and manage product development and launches of energy management applications and products, including evaluating and resolving technical feasibility, optimizing design, and assisting with qualification and production issues. This person must be savvy in current energy market trends, industry developments, and able to identify potential new product and new application opportunities. An entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment is a huge plus. The Product Development group will work with cross functional teams of engineers, business development, and operations to launch products that drive business growth.
The Product Development position is best suited for a person who has a demonstrated track record of product leadership and has the ability to quickly absorb technical concepts, communicate them, and develop solutions that deliver business value.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate potential products from concept, through design to production and promotion
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address engineering design decisions, production, and promotion related to products
- Participate in technology development assessments
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop business plans
- Assist in developing and rolling out communications strategy
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least five years of product management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. Stem focus and/or MBA is a plus.
- Experienced project leader who blends strong technical, business and people skills with a refined product sense and strong empathy for users
- A doer who can champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, but can also roll up your sleeves to help the team get the job done
- Process-thinker who can continuously reinvent and improve how we do things
- Excel skills: look up functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of software design tools and applications
- Proficient communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and information with clarity, whether transmitted verbally or in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to recognize problems, break down complex tasks into logical, measurable and actionable steps and act appropriately to closure
- Ability to multi-task, dynamically prioritize tasks, and communicate status
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third-party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.