Apparent, Inc., an energy management services and software company, is revolutionizing grid edge technologies. Apparent’s cutting-edge energy platform and communications technology uses machine learning algorithms to integrate renewables, storage, and traditional energy markets and provide the energy based upon individual demand. Apparent is reinventing energy markets.
Apparent is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to evaluate, select, and apply standard mechanical engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment. This person must perform assignments, which have clear and specific objectives.
The ideal candidate will participate in the following as assigned: Equipment design and development; System design, including concept sketches and layouts; Testing of materials; Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data generated by other engineers or generated by suppliers; Preparation, or review, of engineering studies and reports; Preparation, or review, of material quantity estimates.
If you are the kind of person energized by a working culture that addresses big problems through collaborative problem solving, ingenuity, and vision, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time exempt position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete assigned work on time with limited detailed instructions
- Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail
- Understand and able to read plans and specifications
- Interact frequently with clients and other project team members
- Knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Estimate of probable construction costs
- Perform site visits and issues reports
- Perform engineering calculations and equipment selection
- Develop skills for edit/writing specifications
- Fully functional at building performance simulation as it relates to the discipline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or Hardware Engineering
- Practical experience in: 3D CAD, mechanical design, simulation, prototyping, testing, validation, mass manufacturing
- Hands on, fast learner, thinks outside the box, good communicator
- Likes to build things and curious about how things work
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Energy industry experience, specifically solar, storage, and energy management a plus
- The ability to help the company become a thought leader in the energy space
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apparent accepts applications from principals qualified to work in the United States. Please do not submit an application through a third-party vendor.
Apparent, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly believe in equal opportunity for all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to any protected characteristic or disability in accord with applicable law.